No raises for 2022 :(

Given the recurring discussions about our negative sustainability, it probably won’t come as a surprise, but I thought it worth bringing up explicitly – we unfortunately won’t be able to give any raise this year. :(

On the other hand, I’m glad that we took the opportunity to give good raises in years before - that still allows us to have a good average over the years.

• 2021: 10%
  • 2020: 10%
  • 2019: 5%
  • 2018: 10%
  • 2017: 10%
  • 2016: No raise (negative results)
  • 2015: 10%

So for those of us who have joined in 2015, even counting the two “dry spells” of this year (2022) and 2016, the average yearly raise has been ~7%, which is almost the double of what companies typically give on average (4%). And being systematic for all team members, it gives a nice ~70% increase in total over these years, taking into account the compounding effect.

Anyway, even with this in mind, I understand this is a bad news, especially given the current inflation. Sorry about that. :( Hopefully we’ll be able to catch-up on sustainability this year, with the upcoming large projects in the pipe, and will be able to resume raises based on the current 2023 year. :crossed_fingers:

Don’t hesitate if you have any comment or question about this.

7 Likes

Thanks for bringing it up — most of us probably expected this outcome, and it’s quite understandable given our current results. Getting more money is always nice — but for me personally, some of the improvements you mentioned in the State of OpenCraft 2023 thread have made the work environment better, and that’s worth its weight in gold. So I’m focusing on that for this year!

3 Likes

Thanks for announcing it anyway @antoviaque. :slight_smile:

I agree with you @gabriel, no more money is ok, especially with all the great nice things and improvements we have made this last year. :wink:

3 Likes

@antoviaque I was anticipating this so it’s not a big disappointment. With all the investing in team member quality of life improvements, along with some of the unexpected events this year, I wasn’t expecting much on this front.

However, like @gabriel and @toxinu , said investments have already made significant quality of life improvements for me personally and for other team members, and so I’m not too put out by this one factor not being higher this year, especially since I have good visibility into what made this decision and I find it makes sense.

Here’s hoping (and working to make) these investments carry through into more sustainability this year, so we can get a nice raise next one. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yep, no surprise, but thank you for posting this news explicitly, @antoviaque !

I too have been more satisfied with the improvements to my work/life balance that our organizational changes have supported.

Here here :smiley:

6 Likes

I can only echo what has already been said above – the quality of life improvements that we were able to implement more than make up for not getting a raise this year.

Thank you for creating space and allowing our processes to evolve to better match the needs of the team!

5 Likes