Recruitment - Share job ad with our netwoks

I have shared openings on LinkedIn and Twitter. Upvoted the post on HN and shared it in local dev mailing lists and as well as a few IRC channels that I am in.

I have also upvoted SO Job openings as well. Had a talk with few developer friends and asked them to apply as well.

1 Like

I upvoted the post in HN, shared the job post in some local community listings (slack, university mailing lists). I also recommended some platforms in Recruitment boards - #10 by raul

1 Like
  • Updated the HN post
  • Share the job ad on Linkedin
  • Tweet about the job ad
  • Upvote the job ad on Stackoverflow
  • Trying to reach friends who might be interested
1 Like

I upvoted the job ad on HN and Stack Overflow and asked a few ex colleagues if they were interested.

1 Like
  • Send a message to some friends
  • Upvote on stackoverflow and hacker news
  • Share on Linkedin
1 Like

I don’t really use social media anymore, but I posted the ad on both LinkedIn and Facebook.

1 Like

I posted on Linkedin, and send the job ads to a few developer groups I’m in.

1 Like

I posted the job ad on my Linkedin account, BangPypers (Bangalore Python Users group), ILUGC (Indian Linux Users Group - Chennai) mailing lists, and a couple of developer communities on Slack, Telegram that I am a part of.

I also upvoted our job posting ads on StackOverflow and Hacker News Who’s hiring thread.

2 Likes
  • Upvoted the StackOverflow post
  • Posted on LinkedIn
  • Invited a friend for a small talk (honestly) praising OpenCraft
  • tried to look out for other places we could use for posting ads (like reddit or twitter as alternatives)

(I had to stop with the ticket as I got a discovery duty task to deliver in time)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all the actions taken already :slight_smile:

On my side I have:

• Registered for a hiring event next Wednesday (I’m actually looking for help with this! See below.)
  • Shared on Twitter and LinkedIn
  • Got a friend to forward the job ad on a few women-specific developer communities and bootcamps
  • Got a few additional pointers to minorities communities from another friend, who posted on the signal group from https://opensourcediversity.org/ and I posted to 📌 Opportunity Board - Sustain Open Source Forum (currently in the moderation queue)
  • I’ve also reached out to Recurse Center / Hacker School where I’m an alumni, to see if we can find people from there
  • I’ve signed a contract with two recruiters now, who have started looking for candidates for us
  • Plus the usual weekly actions: reposting the ad, and trying a new job board: https://jobs.hirewithnear.com/

Help needed! Hiring event on Wednesday

I’ll be joining this hiring event (Wed June 16th), for the alumni of two bootcamp programs: Hackbright (focused on women) and DevMountain (more generalistic). Bootcamps provide very junior developers, but this also includes alumnis from the past few years, so some of them will have become more senior in the meantime.

They ask to come as a team, so it would be great to have at least 2-3 additional people besides me – so that it’s not just a manager coming there. :) If you are willing to join, please add yourself to the event I’ve added to the OpenCraft calendar, so I can check that we are enough people.

@daniel Thanks for the additional comments about the job ad – I’ve saved them for the next pass on it.

For actively looking for people rather than letting them apply, that’s actually the main use case that we have discussed with the two recruiters – they go through public profiles like github, and check if there are people with contributions who could be interested. That said, going through the HN thread “Who wants to be hired” is a great idea – since you’ve already noticed some profiles who could be interested, would you like to write to them? :)

• Posted to LinkedIn (heads-up, you can make that post featured in your public profile);
  • Upvoted the StackOverflow job ad;
  • Sent directly to 12 ex-colleagues from university and previous jobs (using personal messenger);
  • I don’t do HackerNews, developer groups, or other social networks;
1 Like

Posted on LinkedIn (following @paulo’s suggestion of featuring it), upboated the HN post (that thread is BIG, damn), upboated the SO ad.

The one ex-colleague I have that I know would be a good match for OpenCraft I already ask constantly, so not much more to do there.

Oh, and I invited myself to the Wednesday event.

1 Like

Upvoted the job ad on HackerNews and Stack Overflow. Reposted Gabriel’s post on my LinkedIn and asked a few ex colleagues and friends if they were interested.

1 Like

I’m not on LinkedIn and my use of social media is minimal. So I:

• Upvoted the job ad on HN.
  • Upvoted the job ad on Stack Overflow.
  • Asked a friend to forward the ad via jobs mailing lists from my previous university.
1 Like
  • Shared Gabriel’s post on LinkedIn (and got a badge for the first post there).
  • Upvoted HN ad.
  • Upvoted SO ad.
  • Posted an ad on the biggest Polish programming forum.
1 Like

I don’t have many contacts or circles, so I:

• Posted on LinkedIn
  • Upvoted the job ad on StackOverflow
  • Encouraged a few of my friends to learn python and apply
1 Like
  • I do not have active accounts on social media sites.
  • Am forwarding the job ad to a few people.
  • I had shared a few job boards earlier here.
1 Like

I don’t really use social media either, so I upvoted the stack overflow job ad, and shared this personally with a few friends who I know are looking for tech work.

I don’t see our posting on the ycombinator who’s hiring thread. @antoviaque, I see you’ve posted before here with this text. Shall I post with the same text?
I don’t think much has changed except our total member count. The contact sheet shows 36 now.

1 Like
  • Found a local Python PeerLab community and told its members about OpenCraft.
  • Posted an ad on the biggest Ukrainian IT forum.
  • Upvoted the job ad on HN.
  • And yes, I’m in the club of other people who don’t use social media…
1 Like

@josh, it’s on 4th page now: Ask HN: Who is hiring? (June 2021) | Hacker News

2 Likes