Social chats meetings

Hey @team,

Let’s have our first social chat next week :slight_smile:

The topic will be TV shows and/or movies we’ve watched lately and enjoyed (or not! :stuck_out_tongue:)

We’ll meet on Fri Jul 31st at 12:30pm UTC.

I’ll be sending out a calendar event soon :wave:

7 Likes

Thanks for organizing this @tikr! :slight_smile:

FYI, if anyone from Bebop is wondering what this is, see the description of social chats - it comes from the experiment to move to async meetings which Serenity is currently testing. It’s non-mandatory, and it’s meant to be more a per-cell thing (each cell would organize one every sprint), but for now since we are testing things and that we don’t really know what we’re doing, anyone is more than welcome to join it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

FYI I’ve uploaded the social chat video & log at:

It contains a lot of really nice movies/series/documentaries/anime recommendations - plenty to do for the next few months ;p Thanks to all who were there!

4 Likes

Hey @team,

Here’s another social chat for next week :slight_smile:

The topic will be about travelling; it’s a broad topic so it can include past travels, future travel plans, how to combine it with other areas (work, pandemic, family, …), virtual travels etc.

We’ll meet on Fri Aug 14th at 8:30 (AM) UTC.
We can discuss in the chat or another forum thread which times are best. I chose that one to avoid colliding with sleeping times.

The task is SE-3099 and I’ll be sending out a calendar event soon :wave:

Since Bebop doesn’t have these meetings yet, I’d say that those from Bebop who want to chat could join too.

5 Likes

Hey @team,

Since the previous social meeting about traveling was huge success and we started to talk about food, I though it would be nice to have a dedicated meeting about food! What’s your favorite local food? Best country in the world for street food, etc? :smiley::sushi: :curry: :dumpling:

We will meet on Friday August 28th at 8:30 (AM) UTC. I am not sure if we should start to find another time or discuss about it but feel free to post any request below.

As previously, you dear folks from Bebop are welcome too. :relaxed:

Protip: eat before the meeting…

Ticket: SE-3156

4 Likes

Damn, too bad that the meeting doesn’t match my time zone :sushi: Will you guys be doing a mukbang session? :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly I choose the same time as last social meeting but if more westerners want to join, we can shift it. :slight_smile:
So please, point it out te me if you can’t join the food party because of the time. :wave:

Will you guys be doing a mukbang session? :stuck_out_tongue:

It is now 8am while I am reading it and it is hard to digest :cold_sweat:

It’s a bit too early for me too, so I’ll skip this one.

Maybe social chats can be timezone-based instead of cell-based? There’s a bunch of us around the Americas, we could do one that covers our morning and the afternoon/evening in Europe.

2 Likes

I thought they were supposed to be at a different time every sprint, rotating or randomly.

So did (do?) I. It’s up to the firefighter to set a time comfortable for them - which I guess is totally fine, since westerly FFs will naturally set up meetings compatible with Europe/Americas, and easterly ones will do the same for Asia/Australia.

1 Like

@adolfo @braden @gabriel @giovannicimolin (and other westerners) What about 11pm UTC then? I can move it. :slight_smile:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20200818T230000&p1=tz_pt&p2=tz_ct&p3=tz_et&p4=1440&p5=438&p6=tz_jst

Works for me @toxinu (thanks for the offer!), but let’s see if others Easterners agree with the change and if my fellow Westerners can make it before moving the call. We can also just wait until another week, no worries.

If it’s 11PM UTC on the 28th, then yes, that would work for me! The current schedule has it at 4:30AM my time, where 11PM would move it to 6PM my time.

Sorry folks but I will keep the meeting time as it is since it’s a little too late to change it. But hopefully the next FF (@usman, I guess) can try to find a more westerners friendly meeting time.

1 Like

The next meeting will be at Thursday 10th September 16:00 UTC; this should allow folks in the Americas to attend easily too.

I can’t think of a topic so if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

@usman Will you create any meeting invitation for the chat? Or is there any existing calendar event?

@gabor Yes, there is an event. I have added you to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you @usman! :blush:

hey how can I participate in Social Chat? :slight_smile: