2024 Open edX Conference: Talk Topics Brainstorm

@DouglasDraper I’ve already re-scheduled Elizibeth’s session so I think you’re actually fine.

Feanil is my hero! Thank you so much!
Can’t wait to thank you in person.

Hi Xavier Antoviaque and Ali Hugo

Can I get some guidance on my hours supporting the BizDev workshop at the conference? My problem is we’re out of budgeted hours and I need 6 hours to finish the job. The challenge is I’m not actually giving a talk, which would be easier to budget for. I had agreed to help design (ensure interactivity/audience participation, etc.) and also to facilitate the session. I feel responsible for helping to make this a success and can’t help but suggest improvements to the structure and content. The presentations are finally coming along (our final BizDev team meeting is later today) and I think, thanks to OpenCraft’s participation (Fox and I), we’ll have a good chance of making this high profile session not only informative but also engaging. Please let me know your thoughts.

P.S. Below are excerpts of some of the interactions:

@DouglasDraper This is part of what we need to consider for workshops - they do take more time to prepare. Could you wrap it up in less time than 6 hours, for the remaining bits? The content would be created by the exchanges, so we can leave some of it up for the moment and keep the preparation simpler?

@Xavier Antoviaque Shall I say you were right about workshops (you were :grin:)? I’ve gone ahead and fixed most everything and the logistics are now in good shape (I feel responsible for it). I’ll count this as a learning experience. Hopefully, the only time left is a rehearsal on July 1 and the session on the 2nd.

1 Like