Demo/Tech talk: Open edX MFEs

I’ve had recently been working on a lot of frontend code for Open edX MFE, including creating multiple MFEs from scratch.

I was wondering how best to share the knowledge, and figured it best to ask here. I’ve given a talk on react/redux before here (starting at ~40mins), but that was before MFEs existed in their current form, with the current structure and template.

Would there be any interest in having a tech talk/demo for this? If so, what would be the preferred form?

• Live talk, shared later as a recording
  • Pre-recorded video
  • Written documentation
  • Other (specify)

0 voters

For those interested, what all would you like to see covered?

• Creating a new MFE
  • Configuring an MFE for use with edx-platform
  • Setting up an MFE in Ocim
  • The structure of MFEs
    etc

I’m hoping this will be a one-time investment that will pay off in terms of learning time saved.

10 Likes

Very nice! I’ll certainly share this on our blog/newsletter if it’s recorded.

2 Likes

That would be great @kshitij!

Configuring an MFE for use with edx-platform

I would be interesting in learning about how to replace an existing page in edx-platform with a custom MFE. For example I’d like to replace the dashboard, or the course about page with MFEs.

1 Like

I am looking forward to this :slight_smile:

1 Like

@kshitij Nice idea!

I’d love to learn more about the Open edX MFE structure and how to set one up.
I’d cut Setting up an MFE in Ocim from the talk scope since that can be easily covered with a few docs (and is probably more useful that way).

1 Like

Sure. That’s just a rough list to generate ideas. I’d love to be able to get people contributing to MFE-based frontend tasks more easily.