Looking for Volunteers - Remote Usability Tests

Hi @team

I’m looking for 5 volunteers to conduct a remote usability test on the Sprints application. :face_with_monocle:

All you’ll need to do is speak your thoughts out loud as you navigate through the application, and record yourself and your screen whilst doing so. The actual recording should take around 15 - 30 minutes.

Your feedback will help us figure out how to improve the Sprints user experience. If possible, we’d like recordings to be done anytime during Sprint 254 (starting 24 Aug).

Are you in?

4 Likes

I’d love to participate in that, if possible.

1 Like

Great! Thanks @nizar. Your feedback on the usability tests for the Workflow Manager was really useful, so we’d be happy to have you as a test user again!

1 Like

@Ali I’m in as well, but I haven’t done a usability test before.

Yay, thanks @giovannicimolin! There’s no need to have done a usability test before. It’s just a matter of following some simple instructions and providing feedback on the user experience. No prior experience needed :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to participate as well :slight_smile:

Great news! Thanks @paulo :clap:

1 Like

Hi @Agrendalath

So far we have 3 volunteers. Generally, the rule of thumb is that we need at least 5 test users to get meaningful feedback.

What if you were one of the test users? I know you probably know Sprints inside-out, and are unlikely to find anything confusing, but you’d also be able to give feedback on some of the UX issues you’ve noticed, or concerns others may have mentioned.

What do you think? Since the tests are supposed to be completed next sprint (254), I’m hoping to create tickets for each of the test users tomorrow. If you agree to be a test user, we’d still need 1 more volunteer.

Edit: Since posting the above message, I’ve been thinking about the option of using @cassie as the 5th test user :thinking:. It would be good to get feedback from a non-developer, non-core-team-member considering that Sprints will be used as a SaaS product. What do you think?

Sure thing, I believe I can come up with some more ideas :slight_smile:

Definitely! It would be invaluable to get non-developer feedback at this stage.

@Agrendalath Awesome! Thanks. That means we have our 5 users :tada:

Soon I will send all the users their Jira task to schedule for next sprint.

Hi everyone,

I’d like to say a final, BIG thank you to @nizar, @giovannicimolin, @paulo, @Agrendalath, and @cassie for participating in the Sprints usability tests! I know they can take quite a chunk out of your day, so I really appreciate you taking the time to help with this.

I have just finished organising all of your feedback, and have so much valuable feedback to work with. I’m really looking forward to getting started on the UX and UI improvements! :tada:

Thanks again,
Ali

4 Likes