NLnet grant opportunities & OTF

Hi @Fox

A month ago I wrote two grant applications for NLnet (here and there). As I mentioned to @antoviaque the next deadline is October 1st.

The maximum is less than DAPSI (50K€ vs 150K€) but you will find that:

• the application is lighter
  • there is no meeting or mentoring
  • the execution of the grant is more flexible (the deliverables are not carved in stone as long as they stay in scope)
  • the NLnet people know the Free Software ecosystem extremely well

You may also want to take a look at https://www.opentech.fund/ since self-hostable online education tools are arguably essential to people who are living in countries with oppressive regimes.

Cheers

4 Likes

Thank you, @loic ! I’ll be looking into these opportunities next sprint. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up and the details, @loic :smiley:

Hey there, @loic ! Just wanted to circle back and ask if you knew of any new grants on the horizon. We’ve continued to apply when NLNet rolls around and have occasionally gotten to the second stage of consideration, but haven’t yet gotten the green light from them. I’m re-checking the Open Tech Fund now to see if there’s a good angle to try, but also wanted to see if you had any newer suggestions.

1 Like

No new suggestions. I’m happily working on completing the work for the grants obtained this year and will get back into the “looking for funding” game next year.

1 Like

Hey there, @loic ! New year, maybe new grant opportunities? :) Please let me know if you’ve heard anything new.

I realize my previous message was imprecise. The grant obtained last year (OTF) covers my work for 2024 and I’ll start looking for new opportunities around September 2024. Until then I’m blissfully unaware :pray:

Got it-- thanks, @loic !