Open edX Con 2024

Hi all,

I just received an email announcing that the 2024 Open edX Conference will be taking place July 2-5 at Stellenbosch University, near Cape Town in South Africa. I figured we should start a thread to prepare for details and logistics.

I will admit I’m surprised (read: disappointed) by the dates chosen – a lot of folks who usually attend the conference work in education, and will be on vacation during that period. Same goes for some of us. I suppose Axim have their reasons!

4 Likes

Just as an FYI, we rely on universities to gift us time to run the conference. Please don’t get mad at anyone at Axim for the timing. :slight_smile:

Also note that proposals submitted by 12/13 will get a round of feedback from me and Feanil, and an opportunity to re-submit. Open edX Conference - 2024: Call for Proposals @ Sessionize.com

3 Likes

Yeah I would prefer different dates, but that’s OK. I’m really excited that it’s in South Africa!

1 Like

I’m happy to be headed to South Africa too! Will be a first time for me.

1 Like

closing this thread in favor of 2024 Open edX Conference & Coworking - July 1st-12th - #4 by gabriel

@gabriel Ups, sorry, I hadn’t read your thread before creating mine!

@antoviaque yours is better ;)