Refactoring the OpenCraft handbook's Table of Contents

The list of the chapter in the handbook has become long, making it difficult to quickly find the relevant section and navigate. As ReadTheDocs has a feature of sub-items navigation, we can use that on the left-hand side tree to group related pages. For more details, you can refer
SE-4445 ticket and MR for the changes and screenshots.

We have grouped some related pages under a section title as shown below. Please share your thoughts.

├── Processes
│ ├── Blog\ post\ publishing
│ ├── Client\ Onboarding\ and\ Offboarding
│ ├── Coding\ Standards
│ ├── Pull\ Requests
│ ├── Recruitment
│ ├── Sprints
│ └── Vacations
├── Time\ management
│ ├── Best\ practices
│ └── Time\ management
└── Working\ with\ clients
│ ├── Yonkers
│ └── edX
└──Checklists
├──Instance Test
└──Mentor

3 Likes

@sandeepk that’s a great idea. We also have a sales section where @Fox and I add documentation from time to time. I assume this can go under “Processes”?

@sandeepk Thanks for doing this. It’s a bit hard to review without the full structure - could you post the full table of contents, including what pages go in each section? Also it would probably be better to do this review on a pull request or document with inline comments, if possible.

A few quick remarks though:

• “Checklists” and “Instance test” seem like they are part of processes?"
  • I’m not clear what goes in “mentor” - that’s a part of the recruitment process no?
  • “Time management” has a subsection with the exact same name

Thanks, @gabriel
Sure will move the sales section under Processes.

Hi @antoviaque

It’s a bit hard to review without the full structure - could you post the full table of contents, including what pages go in each section?

Sure will share the work in progress MR here and post the screenshot for the table of contents with an explanation.

• “Checklists” and “Instance test” seem like they are part of processes?"

Yes, we can move it under processes.

• I’m not clear what goes in “mentor” - that’s a part of the recruitment process no?

Yes, its part of recruitment, but I think it will be good to concatenate this with the mentor sub-section in Roles and Expectations

• “Time management” has a subsection with the exact same name

Sorry about that will fix it

Thanks for the remarks :slight_smile:

1 Like