Secret Santa

Not Secret Santa gift

I haven’t participated in secret Santa due to the fact that there are no international shipping options from any area near me. I would have traveled to the capital to be able to send. And the shipping rate is just insane.

I always (last two years) felt a bit awkward about it. But a week ago I got a call from UPS that a gift was sent to me. I got scared as I thought it might be a mistake and is someone else not getting their secret Santa gift? :stuck_out_tongue:

But rest assured it was not a secret Santa gift. Thank you @xavier for sending these, it really made my day. :slight_smile:

20220108_114606

20220108_114816

10 Likes

Oh oh. I think, I also received an SMS from UPS, saying there is a package for me, but I disregarded, since I get a ton of spam calls and scam messages on my phone.
Now I remember that @antoviaque asked me to add an address where I can receive mail to the spreadsheet!
Xavier, if it was you, I’m so sorry, and I will try to contact UPS ASAP, and hopefully I can still get the package.

1 Like

It seems like it’s stuck at the customs :grimacing:

“these chocolates look suspicious. have them thrown in the dungeon with the covfefe.”

3 Likes

Got the same box and was planning to start a new forum post for it, but you did it first! :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for the awesome gift @antoviaque, it made my and my fiancee’s day/week as well! :rocket:

Comments about it:

1. Best mini-cookies I’ve eaten in a long time. :yum:
  2. I loved the idea behind it. :heart:
  3. There’s nothing left of my box now… :sweat_smile:
8 Likes

I got the box too :cookie: :chocolate_bar: :slight_smile: the small chocolate/butter cookies were so good! Thank you so much @antoviaque, much appreciated! It’s a nice gesture, and the company that makes those boxes has a great mission!

edit. and thanks for not sending “healthy” snacks :laughing:

9 Likes

I got this lovely box of treats too! Thank you so much @antoviaque :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The packaging was kitten-tested and approved too, and when they were (finally) done with it, we used it as mulch in the garden. :palm_tree:

Seconded.

And chocolate-covered pretzels are a special weakness of mine so… they are no more. So yummy!

11 Likes

I got the package as well, and can agree that the mini-cookies are amazing! I actually got it a long time ago probably around 2nd/3rd, but only got to properly see the package much later and acknowledge it now :slight_smile:

Thank you @antoviaque!

5 Likes

I also received the package!

UPS wanted a receipt from me for them to be able to handle the customs procedure. After a couple of awkward conversations where I told them I wasn’t expecting anything from the USA and I didn’t have any receipts, they finally delivered it to me.

Thanks for the nice surprise @antoviaque! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would have to agree with everyone here … The mini-cookies were just too good, as were the chocolate-covered pretzels. :cookie: :cookie:

Even I thought the SMS from UPS was a phishing scam. The UPS people had to convince me that the SMS was indeed from them.

I got to thank @antoviaque personally the day after I received the box. But thanks once again, it was a wonderful surprise, made even more special by the mission of company which made these boxes.

4 Likes

I tried hard to cover my tracks including using an alias email, but I guess Amazon leaked it in the end :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad you enjoyed the tea! I really wanted to send stuff from India, but shipping was coming to be very expensive if I tried to send anything worthwhile. I just ran out of time in the end exploring shipping options and decided to get some Indian-themed items from Amazon Brazil instead.

4 Likes

I received my gift today!! And my santa was @giovannicimolin :grinning:

PXL_20220119_100917572

What a lovely collection of items! A few local snacks, a mug, some cool 3D printed keychains and a boat and a couple of beautiful postcards. Thank you so much @giovannicimolin. This made my day! I can’t wait to try the snacks :grin:

5 Likes

@pooja Yaaay! Enjoy the snacks. :slight_smile:
For a moment I was worried the package was lost (it took so long to arrive). :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yey, I’m glad the chocolates arrived safely! :) Sorry for the phishing scare, I hadn’t planned for that ;p It’s true that it’s rare to receive something good via the post nowadays! ;p

And agreed, those pretzels are insane – I’ll need to figure out where I can keep getting those :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah and if anyone doesn’t yet have received their chocolates, let me know, I’ll check the tracking.

5 Likes

I’ve finally got around to get my secret santa gift! Since I travel around, I had to wait until I got to a place where I could receive packages to forward it from my PO box. And what a nice surprise! I needed new t-shirts, I’ve now got the perfect one :stuck_out_tongue:

IMG_20220215_120629

As for who is my santa… I think Ali :slight_smile: The delivery company gave you up ;p

Thank you!! I feel like a true sorcerer now – and of the best kind ;p

10 Likes

@antoviaque Actually… it was me! It’s a t-shirt we designed too :wink: I wanted to send you something from South Africa but as @Ali mentioned in a post higher up, posting from South Africa can be a tricky business :roll_eyes:

I’m glad I could send you something you need, and it fits! :clap:

5 Likes

@cassie ahhh it’s way too cute! i want it all over everything!!! it would go great on my business cards :joy:

1 Like

That’s such a perfect gift @cassie and @Ali ! I love the design, so cute, and so apt!

3 Likes

@sarina @jill thanks guys! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve got the box too! :heart:

Everything was tasty, thank you very much, @antoviaque.

Also, I’ve got one more, absolutely special gift from @gabriel:

Should look nice along with “Alice in Wonderland” on a bookshelf. :slight_smile:

Great addition to my collection. Thanks again, Gabriel!

7 Likes