Social chats meetings

@usman Is the chat happening today? Is there a calendar event for it?

@giovannicimolin @farhaan I’ve added you two to the event :+1:

Currently, there is no topic for the social chat. But here’s a poll of ideas. Feel free to suggest anything else.

• When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? And how did you realize what you wanted to do? Or if things changed, what made them change?
  • What weird habits or hobbies have you picked up from being in quarantine?
  • Do you listen to podcasts? What are some that you enjoy?
  • Cards Against Humanity Online (Pretty fun game where you have to fill in the blank with a certain card you have, and the funniest one gets a point) (here’s another online version of it)

0 voters

@giovannicimolin @farhaan Ah, I had only added Serenity team to the event. If anyone else wants to join the event is on the OpenCraft calendar now.

@team next social meeting will be at Thursday 24th September 07:00 UTC (I think this time should be ok for those of us across europe, asia, and australia; we can change it if a majority want a different time of course). The topic will tentatively be “outdoors” (hiking, photography, nature, gardens, spring/autumn vibes, etc.).

Ticket: SE-3366

2 Likes

@team Next chat is next week, Thursday 8th Oct, at 15:00 UTC (we have done sprint planning meetings near this time so it could work. We may change it).
The topic is related to one I saw in the previous polls, but rephrased as: what personal goals do you have? Or did you have? Did you change them since you were young? Did you fulfill them? Etc.

Ticket SE-3424 (30 m. max.). You can join from any cell, and even if you didn’t receive the notification from the calendar event.

5 Likes

I had to leave the call, sorry! A plumber came to fix my water line, a bit earlier than planned.

The subject of this meeting (personal goals) was fascinating, so I started a thread to share some of my personal goals and for others to share theirs.

@team Next social meeting will be at Thursday 22nd October 07:30 UTC (we can change it if anyone wants a different time). The topic will be: What are you most proud of? Or what would you absolutely NOT change in yourself?

Ticket SE-3488 (30 m. max.). You can join from any cell, and even if you didn’t receive the notification from the calendar event.

Since Bebop cell is also switching to asynchronous process, we need to schedule social meeting for the next sprint. I checked the availability of Bebop members, and looks like the best time is 12:00 UTC, or 14.00 UTC.

Can you guys vote?

• 12:00 UTC
  • 14:00 UTC

0 voters

And also poll for day of week:

• Monday, 26th October
  • Tuesday, 27th October
  • Wednesday, 28th October
  • Thursday, 29th October
  • Friday, 30th October

0 voters

Also, we need a theme for discussion, so suggestions are much appreciated.

Ticket to log time: BB-3123

cc @bebop

1 Like

@demid Thanks for organizing it! :slight_smile:

And thanks for the poll for the time & date - it makes sense for the first Bebop one. :+1: Note that since the organization of that meeting rotates within the cell, it’s technically not necessary to ask for the cell’s vote, it’s already a form of vote by itself. The organizer can just pick a time that’s convenient for them, maybe just trying to vary a bit from sprint to sprint, and over time every timezone will be served. Naturally, more meetings organized at times popular with the majority (there will be more organizers in the popular timezones), but with still more room for less popular timezones than if we set time by vote.

Also, what is going to be the theme of your social chat? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Note that since the organization of that meeting rotates within the cell, it’s technically not necessary to ask for the cell’s vote, it’s already a form of vote by itself.

Okay, got it. Thanks!

Sorry, but one more poll about theme :grinning:

• Last fiction or non-fiction book you enjoyed?
    • The funniest story from your previous jobs? Or trickiest bug you had to solve ever?
    • What is better: Linux, macOS or Windows (or which Linux distro is the best)? This one is going to be hot :stuck_out_tongue:

0 voters

1 Like

@team The next social meeting will be at Thursday, November 5 13:00 UTC (we can change it if anyone wants a different time).

Next one is going to be about healthy habits: food, exercise and other things that helped you the most to reduce stress and improve your quality of life.

I’ve sent invites to everyone in Bebop since I don’t know how to invite everyone from OpenCraft in gcalendar.

2 Likes

@serenity The next social chat will be Thursday, 5 November 2020 at 07:00 UTC (Remember remember the 5th of November…)

And the topic will be:

What physical activity do you enjoy, or would like to try?

3 Likes

Huh, I got the date wrong by a month, the social chat is November 5th (I fixed my post above). :slight_smile:
The calendar invite is alright though.

Nice reference :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jill Could you please add me to the calendar invitation as well? :upside_down_face:

@serenity, next social chat on thursday, november 26, 08:30 UTC.

The topic can be … I don’t know; any suggestions? things on your bucket list!

ticket: SE-3625

My suggestion - name one (or more) items on your bucketlist :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bebop
The next social chat is on Friday, at 1300 UTC.

My current topic suggestion is about learning. What are you doing to continue learning along-side work, and what all are you learning.

If anyone has alternative suggestions for the time, date or topic do react out before the above date.

Ticket to log time: BB-3261

2 Likes

@anon46505572 could you please invite me as well? :innocent:

Oh I like this! Let’s go with it. :smiley:

You should be able to see the calendar entry; it’s on the opencraft serenity shared calendar.

1 Like

I thought it had to be on the 1st week… but ok. There’s already Bebop’s one this week.