Social chats meetings

Oh oops sorry, I missed that (I knew it was the first week firefighter, but missed the second half about the social chat date). It’s a bit late to reschedule now. :/

That’s an interesting topic :slight_smile:

I may have no access to that calendar, but I cannot see the serenity shared calendar :confused:

@gabor ok that’s weird; I thought the calendars were discoverable through either the onboarding course or google calendar. Obviously not (we really should fix that!). Here’s serenity’s calendar url - you already had full access. That’s also the calendar to use when booking time off.

Thank you @anon46505572, now I see everything :smiley: :eyes:

@serenity, next social chat on Thursday, December 3rd, 12:00 UTC (I was trying to get as many people as possible, if you would like to recommend another time, please let me know as well)

The topic can be … “great tv series, which one do you recommend? is it too late to watch them?”

Maybe people really really want you to watch The Wire, Seinfeld, Lost, etc. I don’t know, but this should be a space for people to really convince others to watch those series and why :smile:

If you guys have other suggestions, please let me know, maybe this one is already too repetitive :grimacing:

ticket: SE-3714

3 Likes

@team, the next social chat for BB.235 will be on 4 December from 2 PM to 2:30 PM UTC and the topic will be

“What was your first job and how did you get there? From there how did you end up at OpenCraft and what were your interesting trial period experiences?”

Serenity, Falcon, and the management team members are also welcome :slight_smile:

This is the link to the calendar event for those not in Bebop.

4 Likes

@team, the next social chat for sprint 236 will be on Friday 18th, 2:00 PM UTC right before most of the team members go on vacation.

It seemed to me that the previous topic was very interesting for people, and that others still have something to say. Especially, given that we were interrupted in the middle of conversation :slight_smile:

So, the topic will be: “What were your interesting work experiences? What difficulties have you faced? The most tough period during your work at Opencraft and how have you overcome it”.

2 Likes

@demid 2pm UTC, right? If so count me in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@serenity, next social chat for SE.236 will be on Friday, December 18th, 8:00 UTC (I hope it isn’t too early - was trying to balance it for people who won’t be able to join the 2pm chat)

The topic can be your next holiday plans, things you plan to do or places you’re going to visit in the next year or while this year is ending.

ticket: SE-3778

@team The Bebop Social Club will be held Tuesday, January the 5th as most team members will be back by then.

Topic is how was your holiday season :christmas_tree::fireworks:

Ticket: BB-3449

2 Likes

@team The social chat for SE.237 will be held on Monday January 4.

Topics in mind:

• What are things you’d do differently in 2021?
  • What were your victories/achievements in 2020? (Little ones count)
  • Describing your dream house/place, with pictures/examples!
  • Where you you see yourself in 5 years?

0 voters

Ticket: SE-3852

Hello @team! The first Falcon social chat will not be a regular chat. We’ll be playing a few rounds of Among Us instead as suggested in Replacing one of the two social chats with activities.

The activity will start on Thurdsay, Jan 17th at 7:30 UTC.

Ticket: FAL-179

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll need to get myself a Switch soon… :joy: Too bad I won’t be able to join in next week. :/

that sounds really fun, @mtyaka and everyone, any possibility this could be like 2 or 3 hours before? as it is right now, it’s at 2:30am for me :grimacing: no problem if it cannot be moved, maybe for a next opportunity

Sorry about the time @raul :( Moving it to 2-3 hrs before would make it too early for me.
Hopefully someone else will be able to organize the meeting at more suitable time for you in one of the next sprints.

I think you can play on Android too if you have the Play Store. It is free but you will have some ads perhaps.

Would be cool to play one day into Dungeons and Dragons :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @team!

I’m scheduling Serenity’s chat for Monday, Jan 18th, at 13:00 UTC. Zoom details on the Serenity calendar. The link should be usable by people that don’t subscribe to it, and as usual, everybody’s invited!

I’m going to get the conversation started with:

“What’s the farthest you’ve physically been from another human being?”

Weird, yes, but it’ better than the “What was the longest you’ve gone without a bath?” I originally considered. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Stuff like this has been on my mind since I started playing The Forest with the S.O. last week. Best coop survival PC game I’ve ever played - thought of suggesting it as an activity to replace the chat, but a) it’s an unbelievable time sink, b) it requires a computer with a dedicated graphics card, and c) though set in an idyllic forest with simulated birds, rabbits, and deer, the gameplay is far from peaceful - you have to skin both Bambi and Thumper to survive. Best take it to #gaming.)

3 Likes

Hey @team :wave:
Let’s have the Bebop chat on Wednesday, Jan 13th at 13:30 UTC.
Topic: Productivity. 3 (or more) ways that help you with planning/scheduling/staying productive.

If you have other topic ideas, I’m open to suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes