2022 Conference: Activities in Cascais and Lisbon

That would be great @feanil ! I was planning to go by train, but haven’t worked out anything more that that. Can we chat in person and figure out what’s the best place to meet?

After yesterday’s drenching rain, and all the cold wind we’ve been enduring, I decided to locate somewhere to warm up and feel better. Surprisingly, I didn’t have to go far: the Estoril Wellness Center is very near the Lobo #1 coworking space.

I went in hoping to book a massage, but they didn’t have any slots available until Tuesday. Thankfully, they let me into their piscina dinamica, or “Dynamic Pool”, which was even better! The pool is warm and soothing on its own, but it also features these powerful water jets that massaged my sore and tired muscles even better than a human could have. I 100% recommend this to anyone here who’s feeling the chill.

5 Likes

Hi @feanil – I’ve ended up changing my travel plans, so I’m not going to Sintra on Saturday. My brother ended up having some free time (he’s in Tunis), and so we’re going to meet up before I descend back down to my hemisphere!

But I think @kaustav mentioned he might be up for it, and maybe some others too? @braden posted a great itinerary above, which required no bookings or anything.

1 Like

Yup I am up to go to Sintra on Saturday

1 Like

I’m thinking about hitting the spa again on Thursday night after the conference.

Anybody up for it? They’re open until 9pm.

Unfortunately I have plans Thursday but would join Friday if you wanted to go then…

@sarina the abandoned restaurant in Lisbon that we went to on the e-bike tour is called Monsanto Restaurante Panorâmico.

This page talks about it, and more: Abandoned Places in Lisbon

I don’t think I can swing it Friday :( My day is already packed w work and meetings, and we have our team dinner that night.

But if you have time Friday, seriously, go! Your body will thank you.

1 Like