Animals of OpenCraft

@pedro He looks adorable :slight_smile:

@giovannicimolin Lelo and Stitch, I use to love the cartoon and they do look like them :slight_smile:

@toxinu Look at the judgy looks he is passing at you, he is almost telling you, “Do Yoga, Hooman” :laughing:

2 Likes

He’s gorgeous, and very lucky to have a friend to take him on these adventures!

I love all your pets! Now that my team exclusively uses the Open edX slack for communication, and I’m dying for distractions, I welcome you to join the new #pets channel and spam as constantly as you’d like. :smiley:

Here’s Percy driving a train, as a gift.

PXL_20211129_003715307

10 Likes

That’s an excellent cat house @sarina ! So cute.

My kittens are growing up and getting huge and brave…

Here’s Luna, working out how to get down from the door he climbed up on, and more of him peering out from behind the curtains and lounging on the windowsill.

Here’s Stella, hacking my password, and sleeping upsidedown.

And both of them, fight/sleeping.

6 Likes

This winter is a cold one in Québec, with most nights/mornings around -20°C (sometimes -30). When it gets that cold, Pepsi is restless and wants to cuddle all the time to keep warm — so I bought him a pet heating pad and slipped it under his blanket :thermometer: Much better! He can now work with papa all day.

PXL_20220127_134318967~2

(yes, most of my 100-year old windows are frosted all winter long)

8 Likes

@gabriel Pepsi is way too cute! It was -15˚ C in Boston this morning, and Simon quite stubbornly insisted on being outside until I chased him inside. Look at that little defiant face!

Rupert on the other hand is content being a very cozy arm rest :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

My kittens are almost a year old now, so huger than when I first posted about them. But they’re still very sweet, and I miss them since I’m all the way on the other side of the world in Lisbon!

Luna is my best boy:

Luna and Stella have a new friend in a neighbour’s cat, Shadow. Luna brings her toys and drops them at the screendoor, but she is wild and free, so does not come in.

11 Likes

Those eyes… Luna is so beautiful. Please, pet her for me when you go back home. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

I will! :heart:

Here’s my little kitten Simon, he’ll be two in a few months but he’s still got that crazy kitten energy. here he is in a box he’s spent months hollowing out… slowly, by small bites of cardboard… which makes the creepiest rasping noise!

a better angle, with which to see his destruction

bonus content: rupert (left), simon (middle), percy (right)

i’ll miss them when i go to portugal but i’m looking forward to seeing/meeting all of you!

9 Likes

They’re so beautiful, @sarina !
My kitties are nibblers too… but they target plastic bags. So anything left out in plastic isn’t safe – cat food, litter, toilet paper, lentils… it’s changed a lot around our house!

1 Like

Diet Pepsi (my cat) does this too… YUM PLASTIC

3 Likes

@jill and @sarina Look at these cuties! Such beautiful faces. I love seeing everyone’s pets :heart_eyes:

It’s time to share some info about our little rescue, Smudge :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is him as a puppy:

And this is him at 3 years old… (everyone thinks he’s much older because if his unruly hair :see_no_evil:)

He’s a good mix of a lot of things :joy: And he has an absurd amount of energy. His favourite thing in the world is cheese. No matter how surreptitiously we open cheese packaging, Smudge will come running :rofl: He loves playing with his array of stuffed animals, and swimming. He’s the best cuddle buddy in the world. His hair is so soft, and has to be brushed daily - he relishes the grooming :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

He has an incredible beard, which will make any Scottie dog jealous.

So that’s my Smudge, our little scruffy thing…

9 Likes

OMGOSH HIS NAME IS SMUDGE?!?! That might be the cutest name ever.

Such a sweet puppy!! He’s a darling. Thank you for sharing your photos!

4 Likes

Winter is coming, and so with it, comes snuggy naps.
Here’s Stella on the blanket, showing her floofiest belly:

And Luna, content under the blankets:

8 Likes

Hi yall

Today I got a new housemate and my first pet in 9 years and was invited to come share with you.
He’s a 4 year old rescue name The Dread Pirate Roberts.
And yes, he is missing his left eye. An old injury that healed well

12 Likes

He’s so dashing… Love his half-white moosh!!
Buttercup only had to wait 5 years for her man in black, and I can’t go a week without some sort of feline interaction, so you must have been suffering @Badger !

1 Like

@Badger He’s so cute! :heart:

Now you have a wonderful pirate friend to keep you company! :sailboat: :pirate_flag:

My little boy Ori had to sleep 2 nights at the clinic because of a parasite in his stomach but is now on track again doing his favorite down dog yoga figure. :person_in_lotus_position:

20220615_124849

(this picture has two frames because it has been done with a half-frame camera. This kind of camera was very popular from the 60’ to 80’ because you were able to do 72 shots on a 36 shots roll! Money-saving baby.)

13 Likes

I’m so glad to hear Ori is on the mend! Such a sweet boy. Thank you for those pics, and I always welcome more!

1 Like