Looking for new Sprint Manager assignee

Over the last few months, I’ve been working on lowering the amount of meta-work going into my sprints without much success: I’m working on too many roles (and so is everyone, maybe we should discuss this in a separate topic).

That said, I’m looking to give away the Sprint Manager position to someone else so that I can dedicate more time to my other roles (DevOps assignee, epics, core committer role) and deliver better results there.

Sprint management work consists of:

• Checking and making sure the sprint updates are posted
  • Nudging people on tickets in blocker
  • Moving tickets to done
  • Handling retrospective and spillover spreadsheets

See the full role scope here: Roles and Expectations - OpenCraft Handbook

@bebop Can someone step in in the next few sprints?
Log time here: BB-282

@antoviaque We discussed this in our 121 earlier this year: I’ve been managing, but I think that now is the time to switch.

Those all sound like things which could be automated. Maybe someone wants to change this from metawork to short-term programming work by automating this role away?

@giovannicimolin Sounds good - and thanks for doing such a good job at this role for the past years (y)

There is actually already an accelerated epic for that (FAL-2144), which @anon46505572 is currently taking over :)

I’m not so sure about this. I think this usually involves at some investigation on if the linked PRs are closed etc.

Some of us are discussing elsewhere the idea of unifying sprint management with most other meta-development (sustainability, capacity, recruitment, HR, etc) into a full-time, single role. I thought it relevant to this discussion as well.

3 Likes