Migrating off Monday to Listaflow and SuiteCRM

@farhaan You have an eye for detail! The buttons on the live site are slightly more rounded than the ones in this mockup - I’ll update them so that they match. Thank you for picking that up. :eyes:

2 Likes

@ali I’ve created a ticket for this. Could you attach the relevant design items to them? Let’s prioritize this Monday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Fox Thanks for creating the ticket! I have added links to the design files.

1 Like

Deathstar and Meta cell members (@antoviaque @braden @Ali @cassie @sabine @gabriel @DouglasDraper ):

Checklists should now be generating correctly for you, and you should have a checklist awaiting your feedback (which, of course, isn’t due til this coming Monday :slight_smile: ) on your Listaflow Dashboard.

The checklist items should only be those which are relevent-- but if you see something extra or missing, let me know and I’ll fix it for the next run.

4 Likes

@Fox I’ve tried to do a pass on the current state of prospecting using SuiteCRM, and I had a few questions/comments, which might be useful to put here in the context of the migration from Monday:

Leads updates

This might be related to the migration of notes that you were discussing with Piotr above, but what is currently the best way to get an update on each lead?

I have been able to get the list of leads with their current status id via the leads sections - this gave https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wpEQcl3wZyKH2N4cpJvQzlm6GEgojDahwf4x4xn_EgU/edit for the currently open ones, but I only see the original description of the lead, but not the current state of the lead. Where/how could I find this? Would there be a convenient way to show this on the CRM?

Overall status / epic updates

On a higher level, do we have a place where the current overall status of prospecting/leads is posted regularly, like an epic update? That would be a useful starting point for these reviews, as well as something that would allow me to follow its evolution more continuously, by giving me something to subscribe to. I looked at the list of epics for Deathstar but I didn’t see a corresponding epic.

If this doesn’t exist yet, could we establish it? I would be curious to read the current update - I know some of the current status, but I’m sure I’m out of date on a few prospects where you’ll know better.

Per-lead comment thread

What’s the best place to ask questions about specific clients or leads? I couldn’t find a comments section on the CRM for them. In particular, I’m interested in asking more about:

Hi @antoviaque ! There is currently a bug in the system that was indeed partly shaped by the import process. The bug makes it to where in the leads listing, the only link is for the edit view. The edit view does not contain notes on the leads.

To access the detail view instead, go to the edit view, then look at the sidebar on the left to see the recently accessed items. The item you’re currently viewing should now be listed there. You can then click on that item and scroll down to find the ‘Updates’ section, which contains update notes.

This ticket exists to fix the problem, so that we can link the name to the detail view. I’m considering reassigning it to someone in Serenity, though, since it’s going to involve making significant changes to how we do the deployment in order to add in theme modifications.

No, we have this ticket which I use to track time spent on working the leads, but it isn’t set up as an epic. I could certainly turn it into one and post updates each sprint. If that sounds good to you, I will do so.

You seem to have been cut off here :slight_smile:

The best place to ask about specific leads is either adding a note and assigning it to me in the CRM, or commenting and pinging me on the ‘Answer Leads’ ticket above. I haven’t actually seen what the UX is like to leaving me a note in the CRM, so I’d recommend doing both right now in case the CRM doesn’t notify me like we might expect, and I’ll let you know if I was able to see your notes or not.

1 Like

Thanks! I think I was able to get there - the updates are the individual items in the “history” section, right?

Also thanks for the regular updates in the CRM - it was helpful to go through the last notes to get a feel for what happened recently. Actually, is it possible to receive them by email when new notes are posted?

+1 to making sure we fix this, it will trip other people imho. And yes Serenity seem the right cell to tackle this. :+1:

That sounds good, yes, thank you! :+1: I’ll start following the task.

Yes, I realized the thread is public so I wouldn’t be able to name specific clients here - but then forgot to delete this part of my post. :slight_smile:

I’ve looked into the CRM notes, but that seem a bit cumbersome to do to have a discussion about a lead, no? Creating a note seem to require to go to a completely different part of the interface, fill a complete form – and then you can’t even reply/comment to the note? Is there a way to include discussions threads directly on a lead, client, etc, like we had in Monday?

For now I’ve commented on the Answer Leads ticket.

This is likely possible. I’ve created a ticket to look into it. I think I already set up a notification for new leads so you can get notifications there, but there’s an issue that’s preventing that from working now. I’ve scheduled it for the sprint after this one for Serenity to look into.

Not sure on that. Actually, I’ll augment that ticket I created to have both of these items so I can try knocking them out at once.

1 Like

@Fox I am struggling to access my SuiteCRM account. Can you help?

I requested a password reset using my first name and email address, selected the link from the email I received, and changed my password, but am unable to log in with my new details. I’m also unable to request another password reset as it won’t accept my username/email address combination. Any tips for me?

@Ali I had the same issue. As Fox said in the initial post, I initially set my password using my first name for the username, but recently I wasn’t able to log in using the credentials, and could not reset the password. I randomly decided to try my GitHub/GitLab handle (Cup0fCoffee) as the username to log in, and it worked for me. Perhaps it would work for you too?

@fox Not sure if this was intentional, and if yes, was it announced anywhere?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @maxim. Unfortunately my GitLab/Github handle doesn’t seem to work for me - neither for logging in, nor requesting a password reset.

Appreciate the help anyway! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, switching to GitHub usernames was intentional. @Ali I don’t know your GitHub username, since you’re not in the normal OpenCraft permissions group. So you’re still ali on the CRM. If you can let me know your GitHub username, I’ll update it.

ali@opencraft.com should be the email in the system for you. If you’re unable to run another reset using that email address, ping me on Mattermost and we’ll do a Zoom meeting to walk through it together.

1 Like

Thanks @Fox. I’m in! :clap:

1 Like