Open edX Conference 2022 & OpenCraft Coworking - Save the date!

@antoviaque What a wonderful opportunity, and it will be amazing to meet some team members in person! I am also very keen if Covid plays ball :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

These are awesome news! Can’t wait to see the team again. :heart:

There’s no hard travel restrictions for me currently (just need to take tests 48h before boarding - both ways). CC @paulo.

3 Likes

Hi @paulo

Thought I’d send you a quick message in case it affects your planning at all…

Currently, Portugal isn’t accepting flights from South Africa (where @cassie and I are based) :confused:. I really hope the situation changes by the time the conference comes around (it would actually need to change sooner than that to give us time for the visa application process).

Anyway, we’ll keep checking for updates and let you know if there’s a change. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@Ali Yup, there are lots of countries currently not allowed – but I’m guessing it’s largely because of the last wave of infections, and that it’s going to be relaxed in the coming months. I would still plan for coming to not rush things at the last minute (and still have talks accepted on time, for example), while delaying what can be until it’s confirmed. It might actually go the other way for some people, who are accepted now, but might not be later…

1 Like

Hi! I’m not sure if I’m going to make it or not, yet. Depends on my next job. But if things work out the way I want, I’ll try my best to attend the event and/or meet the team in Lisbon.

I’d love to meet the team in person and I really hope I get the chance to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would be so great to see you @nizar !

:+1: to this, and for anyone concerned, the list of allowed countries for non-essential travel is here: https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal

however: I’ve been looking at travel insurance with COVID cover, and at least in Australia, if you buy travel insurance cover for a place that at the time of purchase doesn’t allow you to travel, then the insurance won’t cover any cancellations or rescheduling of flights. Also, some of them require you to buy coverage >21 days before the start of travel in order to enact the COVID coverage.

3 Likes

…but I’m guessing it’s largely because of the last wave of infections, and that it’s going to be relaxed in the coming months

I hope you’re right :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I would still plan for coming to not rush things at the last minute

:+1: I’ll be sure to do my talk submission, as well as whatever planning I can do in the meantime.

2 Likes

I won’t attend, based on the pandemic situation alone, but also because I stopped working already this month.
I also wanted to meet everyone in the team. We didn’t have team meetings since years…

Some decisions about flights/vaccinations/cancellations/visas may happen or change in the last minute and we can’t predict them. But it’s useful to keep „yes, going“ as a default option.

1 Like