Strategic Client Management Workshop - Coming Soon!

The bizdev team has completed the Guide to Strategic Client Management that you can find here.

It includes concepts and best practices meant to help developers communicate the true strategic value of the work they do. This should lead to an expansion of current projects and discovery of additional interesting opportunities.

Now we’re ready to launch a 90-minute live, interactive workshop based on the same concepts to allow you to apply them with your own clients.

Please tell us if you’re interested in joining a workshop during the upcoming development sprint (and can allocate time for this).

Let us know your preferred week. (we’ll avoid Thursday, Jun 9 – Monday, Jun 13)

Regarding the timing, we’ll probably target noon UTC as that works for the majority of people but we’ll pick a time based on the timezones of respondents.

We’re excited to see you soon!

ticket to log time spent reading the guide or attending the workshop

Douglas

7 Likes

I’m interested in joining :) For the time I’ll let others give their preference, I’ll try to make it work.

Count me in too :slightly_smiling_face:

I am in too :slight_smile:
UTC noon works great for me and am good with any date which works for your and the rest of the team.

Should we create a ticket for people who want to spend time reading the Guide first? I guess we should use the Learning account for this?

2 Likes

That would be very helpful

UTC noon works great for me and am good with any date which works for you and the rest of the team.

Me too.

@gabriel Yes, good point! Do you think we should create tickets for 1) reading the Guide and 2) attending the workshop?

Here’s a ticket that we can use both for reading the guide, and attending the workshop: Log in - OpenCraft

Thanks @gabriel for the ticket.
I look forward to hearing from others about their interest in the 1 1/2 hour workshop and availability.
Note: What I’ve found is that even the most experienced people can get something of value from these workshops, becoming “consciously competent”, more aware of the the things they may do naturally, even without thinking about it. Also, the more experienced people help the rest of us by sharing their insights. And the less experienced people often ask questions that the rest of us may never have thought of.

1 Like

I’m interested in joining; any week should work if my timezone allows.

I’m interested too. UTC noon works for me and any date is be fine.

Count me in :slight_smile:

I would be interested too. If this is happening after June 15th, then UTC noon is great for me. Otherwise, I guess, I will use the recording to catchup later.

Greetings!
Given your interest in the Strategic Client Management workshop, we’re now ready to schedule it in June. The workshop will be 90 minutes.
There will be a pre-work assignment to prepare before the workshop. We want you to

• Identify a client with whom you have worked or are familiar with
  • If one exists, find the Client Briefing for this client in Monday.com
  • If no Client Briefing exists, take no more than 30 minutes to complete a very rough Client Briefing, just enough to become familiar with the client’s organization (what they do), their goals and challenges and how OpenCraft is helping them.
    Please select a date during the week of Monday, June 13 (we’ll avoid that Monday).
    We’ll pick the most popular day and then let you know the details:
  • June 14
  • June 15
  • June 16
  • June 17

0 voters

3 Likes

We’re happy to announce that on Tuesday, June 14th at 12:00 noon UTC we will be conducting the first Strategic Client Management workshop at OpenCraft. This date was the most popular and we hope we can see as many of you as possible for this live event.

Keep an eye out for an invitation coming to you shortly.

The workshop will be 90 minutes

As prework, we’d like you to identify a client with whom you have worked or are familiar with. Spend a few minutes answering the following questions (in the revised Client Briefing Template):

• General description of client (their purpose, what they do and how they do it, etc.)
  • What are the client’s most important goals?
  • What challenges do they face in achieving these?

Please schedule a ticket so you can complete the prework and attend this live, interactive session.

At the end of the workshop, we hope you’ll be better able to:

• Describe the single most important factor in growing your engagements with clients
  • Develop a deeper and more strategic relationship with your client
  • Get clients to understand the full value of the work you provide

We look forward to seeing you on June 14th!

1 Like

@DouglasDraper I’ve sent the calendar/Zoom invitation. One important thing to note: the Zoom host is the account “contact@opencraft.com”. Since you use a different account, either you need to obtain the credentials for the contact@opencraft.com account (they are in Vault, which I don’t think you have access to + Zoom now requires 2-factor authentication), and log into this account to lead the workshop – or someone from the team will need to start the call, let you in, and hand over the host duties. Maybe ask Fox for help if needed.

For people creating tickets to prepare/attend: you should use the Learning account.

Hi @DouglasDraper – the time selected doesn’t work for me :frowning: So I’ve declined the invitation. Is there anything I can do to participate asynchronously instead?

Uh-oh, this conflicts with the LX sprint meeting :cry:
I can join once the meeting is over though.

Hi Jill, sorry I picked the wrong time! We’re planning to record the session but always better to meet live. I think we should have enough folks to do a second session and it would be great to get your perspective in that one. Let’s see how it goes.

1 Like