Where are the gamers?

On @braden 's recommendation, also purchased this. The wifey and I played it in the evenings over the last week or two. Can confirm it was a lot of fun and a unique experience!

1 Like

Here are some of the games that I played recently and liked. Most of these are AAA games that many would have already heard about or played.

• Ghost of Tsushima + Iki Island expansion.
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition - I started playing Mass Effect many years ago and abruptly dropped it at some point. But with the legendary edition, all the games feel modernized and very nice in addition to being an awesome series of sci-fi RPGs :slight_smile:
4 Likes

What are your favorite exploration/metroidvania games?

I’m playing Super Metroid right now, I’ll play Metroid Prime after that (I still have my Gamecube!), and I’ll probably buy Metroid Dread in a few weeks.

In terms of recent games, Hollow Knight is definitely a highlight. What a gorgeous and well-made game! I might try Axiom Verge or Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon sometime next year.

1 Like

That’s difficult to choose! But I would say “The Messenger”.

Super Metroid <3
So much nostalgia. I started Dread on my gf Switch but she plays too much the new Pokemon so I can’t borrow her console. :joy:

I also tried Hollow Knight and, what a gorgeous game! The soundtrack is incredible.

1 Like

What are your favorite exploration/metroidvania games?

Environmental Station Alpha is an obscure gem that managed to hook me for a while recently.
I still need to finish Hollow Knight and Dead Cells.

1 Like

I played and completed the Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy game recently and liked it a lot, It has a good story and a lot of witty humor, only let down by the limited and repetitive combat. But I liked it because it was a focused single-player experience that provides at least 15-20 hours of entertainment.

6 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation :) It was on sale so I just bought it.

1 Like

I got it as well :slight_smile:
Looking forward to spend some time playing it during the end of year break.

Did either of you play it? If yes, I’m interested in hearing what you thought about it. :slight_smile:

@guruprasad I’ve started playing it, and am having a lot of fun! I’m not sure how far into it I am, it feels like maybe halfway through or something. I like that your choices are so significant and can really affect how the story plays out. The dialogs can also be really funny :p

1 Like

@guruprasad I haven’t even installed it yet, I ended up being away from the computer for most of my vacation and then I was convinced by a friend to start playing Death Stranding (it’s nice btw!).

3 Likes

You have good friends @giovannicimolin! Death Stranding :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m playing Death Stranding - Director’s Cut on PS5, and I’m having as much fun as I had the first time around. I thought I might get bored doing deliveries but absolutely not. I can’t wait for the next Kojima game, what a genius!

1 Like