Secret Santa

Thanks for entering your wishlists everyone! Or almost everyone :slight_smile: – we are missing the wishlists of @giovannicimolin and @raul . For @giovannicimolin since he is off for another week, his santa can either pick something by themselves, or wait for him to come back, if it won’t be too tight to get the gift afterwards.

Next step: picking the gifts - we’ll be sending them on Dec 1st.

@antoviaque Sorry for being late on this, I’ve missed setting my whishlist before going on vacation.
I’ve added a few items there now. :slight_smile:

I added my wishlist and I improved it today :smile: sorry for being late

@giovannicimolin @raul Thanks!

@giovannicimolin You shouldn’t be reading work emails during your vacation though :slight_smile: (Seriously, don’t - it’s important to clear your head fully off work from time to time.)

1 Like

@antoviaque I had to reply this one as it was not really work related. :slight_smile:
Didn’t want to leave my santa waiting.

I managed to avoid all others though. I’ve had a nice and clean break.

:grinning: Glad to hear that!

1 Like

Quick reminder to all the santas - today is gift sending day! :slight_smile:

Remember to check the wishlist of the person you are sending the gift to, in case there are any last minute precisions, as well as the contacts list.

A wonderful zero-volume boundary-free manifold arrived from my Santa, with a rather fun warranty certificate. This is lovely, thanks! :smiley: :tada:

IMG_4386

7 Likes

Santa was so fast this year!
This album made me a wonderful day already and I believe it will cause more.

IMG_3169 copy 2

Thank you my Santa! :evergreen_tree:

My sixth sense says this was sent from Bora Bora, am I right @antoviaque? :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: This is my first colored vinyl in my collection :pray:

6 Likes

@gabor Good guess! :stuck_out_tongue: The early delivery might be due to timezone differences ;p I’m glad you liked Gotan project :smiley:

1 Like

I got a very cool gift, and I really hope this was my Santa:

IMG_3129

Thank you for that, but I really got no clue of who my Secert Santa could be, maybe someone that worked at Google or worked as an Assistant :thinking:

6 Likes

Yesterday I received a big box of delicious Korean sweet snacks from my Santa @adolfo :smiley: :candy: :chocolate_bar: :lollipop: :cookie:

Thanks so much! I’ve gone through a sizeable portion of the pile already, they were all fantastic. I just love discovering countries with my belly :man_shrugging:

IMG_7551

3 Likes

Glad you liked it! Just showed my S.O. your picture, and she:

1. Praised your photography skills

2. Point-blank asked me to get her the exact same box

:laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve received my gift! :D It actually arrived a couple of weeks ago, but I needed to get back to Europe to see it:

treats

I’ve already started eating and tasting most of them - like @gabriel I very much love to travel with my belly ;p My favorite so far is the “anardana goli”, I love how the different flavors come in quick succession :) I’ll have to try the ones to cook / eat warm though (the two bigger packs on the picture).

Thanks @kshitij! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Glad you liked it :slight_smile: I remember you mentioned liking spicy stuff during the Montreal conference so figured I’d share some of the spicier Indian edibles.

The pickle is just a mixture of vegetables preserved in spices and oil. I usually have it with other food to spice it up a bit. It itself doesn’t need to be heated or cooked.

For the other item cooking it is a bit more involved, sorry for sending along a project :stuck_out_tongue: You need to fry the discs inside, and they will puff up. They are then filled with boiled white chickpeas + boiled diced potatoes + a sour red tamarind chutney (included in the pack) and a green spicy water (also included in pack).

2 Likes

I have received my gift as well! I got it on New Year’s eve, but I just got the photos from the phone.

IMG_20210101_105607
IMG_20210101_105746

I had a small gathering with very close family and had the pleasure of sharing them with some of them. I will put myself down as yet another person who likes to travel via my belly. They were delicious!

In a rather claustrophobic year it is amazing to be eating something from nearly 10,000 km away!

Thanks @jill for the amazing gift :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am so happy they arrived (mostly) unharmed, and in time for you to share them with your family!
Glad you enjoyed them @kshitij, they’re my favourite holiday food.

1 Like

OMG @gabriel, you have so many hidden talents! I received this today, and am enjoying your hand-made coffee bitters with soda water as I type! It’s incredible… rich and earthy and aromatic and freaking addictive. Looking forward to trying the forest flavour next, but I might have to have that with gin…
Thank you so much. :cocktail: :evergreen_tree: :coffee: :heart:

5 Likes

@kshitij Yes, I love the spices!! :hot_pepper: :smiley:

And I’m actually glad for the cooking project - I love to cook, so getting to experiment with something new is an additional treat for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying it @jill :smiley: Cheers!